Friday, July 08, 2005

Marriage: The one thing that’s bugging me no end

Letz face it … it is one of those “Rene Zellweger in Bridget Jones’ diary” times for me now. Wherever I go, I am confronted with the same query. I find myself answering it over & over again. I feel I am getting defensive.

I, who used to wear my “bachelorhood” and “perceived independence” (as the naysayers on the other side of the fence would argue :) on my sleeve find myself at a loss for a convincing response. (I blame the audience primarily for that; illogical people who refuse to consider logic).

I, who was never at a loss for words have resorted to all kinds of sounds, grunts etc. (er!, umm!, well! Uh huh !! You see !!! kinds) passing them off for responses. I feel like a Delhi schoolgirl (Oh! come on yaaa! marriage is not everything na!!) or a Chennai schoolboy (Aye! Come on maan…. Thatz not everything dah!) when accosted by ‘friends’ and ‘wellwishers’ often cornered with the knock-out punch – “So what about marriage? Any plans?” – I never knew people were so concerned about me :) and my marital conformity thereof :)))

“Are you looking out? Aren’t your parents looking out for a bride for you?” Its high time you got ‘settled’ is the common refrain :) Gosh! I am settled (Aside: Well! not exactly, there is a lot of chaos …. But hey! I thrive in chaos :)

I look around and see my buddies …. my batchmates ….. my peer-group …. hell! looks like marriage is going out of fashion … or anti-marriage aliens are attacking us and this is our last chance to redeem ourselves. “Earthlings, judgement day is here”

As of today .. I am very unmarried, very happy and very settled..... :)

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger The Ghost Writer said...

Broken Verses: Thanks for the comments. I checked out your blogs and found the 7-yr-old-itch ... pretty nice ... :)) ..
Way to go .. and hey! nice pictures ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home